The term "We", "Us", "Our" and "AMM" refers to Australian Muslim Marriage.
The term "Personal Information" refers to anything that helps us to personally identify you. It may include (but not limited to) your name, age, gender, contact information (physical address, email address, phone numbers etc.) credit card, paypal username, bank account, debit card. If the information that we collect or you give helps to identify you personally then it will be considered as Personal Information.
If you believe any personal information we hold about you, is not correct, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may edit or request us to change it. We will then consider if your information requires any change.
How do we collect personal information?
At AMM, we collect information directly or indirectly via. third party.
Direct Information Collection
1) When you register to be an AMM member.
2) When you subscribe to be an AMM member.
3) When we request you for any information.
4) Through someone else who gives us your information.
5) When you use/access our website.
6) When you communicate with another AMM member.
Indirect or third party information collection
We may collect information from third parties such us advertisement companies, government and any legal bodies, business partners, data management system, mailing lists etc., but won’t be limited to it. We provide a space for third parties to advertise on our website as a result they can send cookies. You can adjust your browser settings accordingly to avoid or block the cookies.
What personal information do we collect?
Any information that you provide to us to be a member will be collected by us. Details such as your name, age or date of birth, gender, contact details (street address, email address, phone number), occupation, profession, marital status, physical description, picture, credit card, debit card etc. but won't be limited to it.
Any information that you put or edit on your profile will be collected by us to provide you with a better service.
We may also collect information that you may provide via. survey, registration, subscription or by you contacting us online or offline. AMM may also request you for your personal information.
Why we collect and keep your personal information?
1) To process your application when you subscribe or register for AMM membership.
2) To process the payment of subscription fees.
3) To provide you with a better service.
4) To verify your identity.
5) For our own research in order to enhance customer experience.
6) To contact you only if needed and to share with you any news, events or any material of interest with you.
7) For any other reason specified in our Terms and Conditions.
If you do not provide us with your Personal Information or for some reason we are not able to collect your Personal Information then:
1) You may not be able to register or subscribe for AMM membership.
2) Your experience on AMM will not be good as some or many of the features maybe missing.
3) We may not be able to find your related matches.
4) If needed we may not be able to contact you.
Personal Information must be kept complete, current and accurate so that we can serve you better. Members of our website will be able to access and update or edit their profile information through the website.
Disclosing your personal information
Under extreme circumstances, AMM may disclose your Personal Information to the following:
1) Our staff and employees, related bodies corporate, our website developers, fulfilling requests by you, web hosting providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, payment processors, photographic analysers, graphic designers, data entry staff, debt collectors and professional advisers such as accountants, solicitors, business advisors and consultants.
2) Specific third parties, authorised by you to receive information held by us.
3) AMM members that may contact us and show genuine interest in marrying.
4) Any legal bodies, government bodies, your Internet service provider, any law (including the Privacy Act) or police as stated in our Terms and Conditions.
At AMM we value our members and would do our best to safeguard your Personal Information from being misused, lost or from gaining any unathorised access. In a situation, where you suspect any loss, misuse or any unathorised access to your Personal Information please let us know immediately by contacting us.
Privacy in Islam
The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Were a man to look at you without permission and you threw a rock at him and knocked out his eye, you would not have committed any offense." Another hadith states: "Whoever peeps into a house without its people's permission, they may put out his eye."