- Are my personal details like email address, full name etc. shared with any other Islamic organization?
Absolutely not. AMM doesn't share your information with any organization.
- Can I register if I do not pray at all?
No. AMM is for Muslims only and if you do not pray at all then you are not a Muslim and cannot register.
- What if I only register and do not subscribe on AMM?
If you only register and do not subscribe on AMM then you can only view the full profile of the other user, add the user to your list of favourites, look at your ideal partner list, block/report user etc. You cannot send messages or send any type of requests if you have not subscribed.
- Why is the website logging me out?
For security reasons, if you are idle on the website, which means you are not navigating on the website for around 2-4 minutes then you will automatically be logged out.
- I forgot my password and I am not able to login. What should I do?
You may click on Login and "Forgot Password". Once you click on it, it will ask you the email address with which you have registered on the website. Once you enter your email address, you will automatically receive an email with a URL (link to click on). When you click on the link, you will be asked to enter a new password. From there you can use the new password to login to the website.
- Who can see my profile?
Anyone who has a registered account on AMM can see your full profile.
- Can I edit my profile anytime?
Yes, you may edit your profile anytime except few options, like denomination, gender, first, last and profile name.
- Can users see my First and Last Name or email address?
No. No one can see your First and Last name or email address. They can only see your profile name and other information on your profile page.
- What if I do not subscribe?
If you do not subscribe on the website, you won’t be able to send messages to anyone and cannot send photo request to another user.
- Can I renew my subscription anytime?
Yes, you may renew the subscription when you are close to the end of the time period you've chosen.
- Do I get my money back if I delete my account after subscribing on the website?
No. Deleting your account is solely your decision.
- What is Skrill?
Skrill is another payment gateway just like PayPal.
- Why should I use Skrill and not PayPal?
You can either use Skrill or PayPal. PayPal is a well-know payment gateway method, which is widely used all around the world. In some countries, PayPal does not offer its services; hence people from those countries can try and use Skrill. For e.g. people from Pakistan can use Skrill as PayPal doesn’t offer its service in Pakistan.
- How should I use Skrill?
If you need any help about Skrill, please visit: https://www.skrill.com
- What should I do if someone is sending me unnecessary messages?
You can block or report that person and also send us a feedback.
- Can I contact a user from another denomination?
No, you can only contact a user who has the same denomination as yours.
- I’m having troubles sending message, as I am trying to, but the messages won't go through.
You can refresh your browser as you must have left the website idle for more than 4 minutes. Logout from the website, refresh or reopen the browser, delete cookies and log in again. The messaging feature does not allow a lot of special characters while sending messages.
- How can I do a quick search?
You can click on the search bar on top right and choose by: age, gender and location. Then, you will be directed to the search page, which will list all the users in that category. For detailed search, please go to the home page and choose in the "find" option.
- What does blocking a user mean?
When you block a user, that user cannot see your profile, cannot message you, cannot send you any requests etc.
- Who can see my photos?
Only those users, who have been given permission by you, can see your photos.
- My personal photo appears on 'My Profile' page. Does that mean everyone can see my photo?
No, even if your personal photo is on the profile page, only those users whom you have given permission will be able to view your photo. Other uses won't have access to your personal photo.
- How does the "Request for Photo" feature work?
The "Request for Photo" feature is easy to use. It ensures maximum security for our brothers and sisters.
- You can upload up to a maximum of 4 photos. (File format we support are .jpg, .png, .jpeg, .gif, .bmp)
- Make sure that the file name of the photo you upload does not have any special characters or spaces in it. For e.g. File Name can be like “Photo1” and not like “Pho^% 1”. The file name doesn't appear on the website. So relax!!
- When you upload your photos, no one will be able to view them, unless you accept the other user's photo request
- All the other users can only view your default photo which you selected while registering on the website and not your own personal photos
- Once a user sends you a photo request, and you accept it, only then will that user be able to view your photo
- If you decline the photo request then the other user will not be able view your personal photo
- If you have not uploaded any photo and someone sends a photo request and you accept it, then that user won't be able to see any photo, as you have not uploaded any photos. That user will only see your default photo which you selected while registering on the website
- You may delete your photos anytime
- Why can't I see my default profile photo?
If you have not uploaded any of your personal photos, then the default photo, which you chose while registering should appear on your profile page. If that default photo does not appear then it means that we have deleted it from our database. AMM updates the default profile photos from time to time. You can easily go to "My Profile" --> "Edit Personal Profile" page and choose a new photo.
- Why are some of the default photos under the “search” section not visible?
AMM deletes and updates the default profile photos (in our database) from time to time. The user needs to go to "My Profile" --> "Edit Personal Profile" page and choose a new photo.
- I uploaded my photo but now it has disappeared. What should I do?
The reason why you can't view your photo after uploading it, is because AMM filters all the photos and deletes the ones, which we feel are not appropriate. You can upload another photo.
- Is there an option to swap the photos? If we upload a photo is it going to be watermarked?
You can choose up to 4 photos and your photos will be watermarked for safety reasons. You can choose any photo from the 4 photos to be as your profile photo by clicking on “Activate”, which will only be shown to users whom you have given access. Your personal profile photo will be automatically watermarked for safety reasons.
- How do I upload my photo, and can I keep it private?
You can go to “My Profile “ --> “My Photos” and choose the photos you want to upload. All your photos are private and only visible to those who sent a photo request to you and you then accepted it.
- That means I have control on who can view my photos, as I don't want it to be public.
Exactly. You have full control on who can view your photos, as it is not public.
ADD TO FAVOURITES
- There is an option of “Add to Favourites” but I can’t view them, as I can’t find a tab where we can find "My Favourites".
Once you add a user to favourites, click on “My Profile” then on the menu bar you will see “My Favourite List”. All your “favourite” users will be in that list. You can even remove the user from your favourite list.
- How can I volunteer for AMM?
You can go to the contact us section and choose the topic as "volunteer" and send us your expression of interest. If required, AMM will contact you Insha Allah.
- What is the advertise link and how can I post an advertisement on AMM?
Advertise link is for business (or for other special requests) that wants to advertise on AMM. You can click on the advertise link on the footer and follow the instructions.
- Do I have to register on AMM to post an advertisement?
No, anyone can post advertisements, whether a registered member on AMM or not.
- What is Business Name field in the advertisement page?
Business Name denotes the name of your business. It could be a shop name, the name of your company or organization. It could be an event too for e.g. Fundraising Dinner in Lidcombe. If you are advertising for other than a business, then you can type your "Full Name" as the Business Name.
- Why is the submit button on the advertise page not working.
Because there are already 5 advertisements on the website. AMM only allows 5 adverts at any given time. You can check the website later to see if you can post your advertisement or not.
- What happens if the dimension of my advertisement isn’t as per the specifications?
You won’t be able to upload your advertisement if the dimensions are not as per the specifications. The specifications are (Image size: Maximum width 310px and height 800px)
- Why am I not able to upload image for advertising?
Make sure that the file name you are uploading does not have any special characters (for e.g # $ % and should not have any spaces). Keep the file name simple for e.g. YourName.
- What happens after the time period, which I have chosen for my advertisement elapses?
In that case, your advertisement will automatically get deleted from the website. You can go to the advertise section again to post your ad.
- When does the time period of my advertisement begin? The day I post my advertisement or the day AMM approves my advertisement?
The time period starts from the day AMM approves your advertisement.
- What happens if AMM does not approve my advertisement?
In that case, your advertisement will not be published on the website.
- Why did AMM disapprove my advertisement?
AMM disapproves advertisements, which are unislamic (haram) in any way.
- How can I post a testimonial?
You can click on the contact us section and choose "testimonials" from the drop down menu and send us your message.