As Salamu Alaykum!! Trust creates comfort and ease. At AMM, our main focus is to provide you with a safe, secure, user friendly and a halal environment while browsing the website. Our administrators continually monitor the database to ensure that every activity on the website is genuine and devoid of any inappropriate and haram content. Even though the administrators do their best to keep the environment safe and appropriate, we encourage you to send us your feedback if you come across any irrelevant, abusive or unislamic activity on the website.
HERE ARE FEW OF OUR RECOMMENDED SAFETY TIPS:
- Start slow and do not give too much of your personal information unless you fully trust the person (e.g. where you studied, which college/university you went to, email address, mobile number, house address etc.)
- Involve a wali (guardian) as soon as possible and get to know each other via your guardian.
- It is perfectly fine to take time in knowing someone but involving a guardian (wali) is the best option.
- Never ever reveal your password, credit card information or other bank details to anyone. Choose a strong password.
- Look for space. A genuine person who is talking to you will understand that you need time and personal space.
- Do not continue talking with someone who insists you to give your personal information (e.g. your residential address, guardian information etc.) unless you completely trust that person.
- Send us a feedback straight away if you come across a user who is troubling, abusing or harassing you. You can block that user as well. This ensures that the user cannot view your profile, cannot message you or send any kind of requests.
- Do not approve any photo requests unless you fully trust the person.
- Follow your instincts. If you do not feel safe, stop immediately.
- Remember to take control of the whole conversation from day one. Let not others trick you into things.
- Beware of people asking you for money. A genuine person will never ask you for money.
- Send us feedback if someone bothers you for monetary gains.
- Be responsible and take your Wali/family/friend/relative with you if you want to meet the person. Meeting in a mosque or house is highly recommended.
Before taking any action, seek guidance from Allah, do Istikhara, go with your gut feeling and follow your instincts. Using your own judgment is the way to go, because ultimately you are responsible for your personal experience.
Narrated: Abdullah bin Amr
The Prophet said, "A Muslim is the one who avoids harming Muslims with his tongue and hands. And a Muhajir (emigrant) is the one who gives up (abandons) all what Allah has forbidden."
Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 1, Book 2, Number 10
Lets Plan your Wedding
Looking for a spouse - why wait then? Australian Muslim Marriage is the fastest growing Islamic Matrimonial website, guided by sheikhs in Australia.